Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
You’re using ServiceNow and want to leverage CybelAngel’s data leak detection capacities without adding unnecessary operations into your security programs. We hear you. We strongly believe there should be no trade-off between comprehensive coverage and day-to-day efficiency.
That’s why CybelAngel provides a standard ServiceNow Connector to our Enterprise clients.
*Source: Ponemon, The Cybersecurity Illusion: The Emperor Has No Clothes, 2019
What is the ServiceNow Connector?
The ServiceNow Connector transforms the Incident Reports from CybelAngel platform into Incidents in the ServiceNow Incident and the Security Incident modules. No loss of information, no additional delays: you can act on the detected leaks as quickly and efficiently as if you were operating from your CybelAngel platform.
How does the ServiceNow Connector work?
The Connector will pull reports from CybelAngel platform, store them into your ServiceNow instance and transform them into Incidents or Security Incidents (if you have the “Security Incident Response” application active on your instance). When the Incident is closed on ServiceNow, the associated CybelAngel Incident Report is marked as resolved on the CybelAngel side.
Looks great, how do I install the ServiceNow Connector?
We’ve made sure to make the installation as easy as pie. To install the ServiceNow Connector, please proceed as follows:
- Ask your Customer Success Manager for your Update Set “CybelAngel_Connector-v<x>.xml”.
- With an Admin account, log into your ServiceNow instance.
- On the left application Panel, go to “System Update Sets” section and click on the “Retrieved Update Sets” module.
- Right click on one of the columns headers labels, and click onto “Import XML”.
- Use the file browser to select the “CybelAngel_Connector-v<x>.xml” update set and click on “Upload”.
- A new update appears in your “Retrieved Update Sets” list, named “CybelAngel Connector”. Click on its name to open it.
- Click on the “Preview Update Set” button.
- An error may appear after the Preview if you don’t have the Security Incident application activated on your instance. Please check the error in the bottom of the page, then click on “Actions” on selected rows, and then on “Accept Remote Update”.
- Click on the “Commit Update Set” button to commit and install the CybelAngel Connector. Click on “Close” once the Commit is done.
- That’s it! Please reload your web browser page to refresh the Navigator menus. A new application menu named “CybelAngel Connector” is now available.
The standard connector can be installed and deployed in less than 15 minutes. A custom connector may require additional time to set up. Feel free to reach out to your Customer Success Manager for any questions.